Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Edu Falaschi's interview on Novo Metal, next



Here is a translation of the following of the Edu's interview for the Brazilian website Novo Metal. (Sorry for my bad translation, I hope you'll understand it !).
I remember you the links to read the beginning of the interview:

"Check below the second part of the interview made with the singer of the band, Edu Falaschi.

Novo Metal : “Fragile Equality” is a succes in termes of sales and criticals, and not for the less, the album has once again a great musicians team, an excellent production and much weight. How do you see all this interest in Almah ?

Edu Falaschi : I’m very please with this feedback, mainly to see how people understood what we wanted to give, the sound style, arrangements, proposal, lyrics, everything.

Novo metal : When you set up this project, what have you in your mind ? It was something you have no freddom to do in Angra, explore different kind of ideas ?

Edu Falaschi : I have all freedom of artistic expression in Angra. But I also like to sing heavier stuff, which has nothing to do with the Angra ‘s style and I have a great respect for the Angra’s story and his attributs, so I decided to create a second band, mine, Almah.

Novo Metal : In “Almah”, in addition to have renowned musicians, you played and created for all the music instruments. What is the difference between “Almah” and “Fragile Equality” in this way, since the band has a fixed line-up ?

Edu Falaschi : The main difference is in Fragile Equality everybody participated of all, from compositions to arrangements, whereas in the first album, everything was really only composed and arranged by me , and besides that it was making a simple and direct album.

Novo Metal : The musicians who accompany you now already have a great background in Brazilian metal scene. How did this link create and how was to work with them so far ?

Edu Falaschi : These guys are special ! It was the best choice I and Felipe could have done.

Novo Metal : You have shown much concern for the fans, by creating an MSN for the band, you manage by yourself, until the recent contest for the creation of the cover of the single “All I AM”. So, you show a great interest in the fans, while many bands simply ignore them.How these ideas emerged?

Edu Falaschi : You’re right, I always had great sympathy an affestion for the fans. I do everything to be always on their side. It’s something I have in me, I’ve always repsected the fans and will respect them always. I also would like to comment my answer in the first part of the interview about Orkut. Some people working with me were worried about my answer, because some fans were saddened, thinking that I could generalize. Nevertheless, It’s clear that I speak only about the “pigs spirits” living and hiding in the depths of Orkut and use this tool to defame and denigrate the artists in their own country. It’s stupid and irrevelant. They don’t imagine how they hinder the growth of heavy metal in Brazil, trying to destroy several artists, espacially those who are starting. They will see the bad only when it will be too late to go back. Brazil is a third-world country, it’s almost imposssible for a band to live of his music without a job aside. There are no appropriate places to play metal, almost no professional in this industry, the media in Brazil is more Pop than in others countries, then, the difficulties are thousand times higher than in Europe / USA/ Japan, ect ...I know what I say beacause I have traveled the world to play heavy metal and I know how the heavy metal scene is much more organised, professional and united in other countries. For Example, Finland, an inhospitable country, far from all, with a smaller population than in Brazil, has a great commercial circuit for metal bands. And several of them stood out worldwilde. Nightwish playes in stadiums as Pop band, why ? Because from the beginning the public honours and gives priority to the bands, bands of his own country. I had a dream that could have a strong brazilian scene EXPORTING dozens of bands. But I’m increasingly disappointed with what happens here, because of the wickedness of many people, enjoying the sadness of the others."

Interview by Maicon Leite and Monica Fontes, Novo Metal

The end of the interview tomorrow !